Search . . .
Virtual Study Group/Peer Supervision Group
What is a Virtual Study Group/Peer Supervision Group?
The Virtual Study Group/Peer supervision group is a time for participants of any helping profession to come together and support each other in service of being excellent practitioners. Topics for discussion might include:
- Technique questions
- Practice boundary issues
- Complex client discussion
- Best practices in business and marketing
- General professional support
- Participants are encouraged to come to the meeting with a challenging client and/or questions for discussion. The peer supervision group will include a brief period of coming to presence as a group and will be facilitated by an experience process facilitator.
Why would I need or want to join such a group?
We can all use support and reflection in the work we do, no matter how long we've been doing it or how skilled we are.
In short, good decisions come from being in community and bad decisions come from being in isolation. Being a therapist in a helping profession, especially if you are in private practice, can be isolating. And holding space for others to grow and transform is a lot to hold by yourself. A peer supervision group is a group of other professionals who come together in mutual support of each other professionally. It is an impossibility for any one of us to have ALL the skills someone might need. By being part of a peer supervision group, you are tapping into collective wisdom to be the best therapist you can be for your clients.
What if the other people in the group are less experienced than I am?
That might be the case, and it still means that others have experiences you don't have or will never have. One of the beautiful opportunities of a peer group is to be both helper and person being helped at the same time. It is important for you and your clients that you are skilled at both. And with good facilitation, it is possible that you might feel vulnerable amongst your peers at times, but you will also feel supported and have a chance to discuss professional things you wouldn't otherwise have the chance to discuss.
How do I join?
Look through the calendar of events. Virtual Study Groups/Peer Supervision Groups are scheduled once a month. Once the date and time of the group is confirmed, there will be a date and a link to register on that date. At The Idea Crucible, even though we are located in California, USA, we understand that practitioner support is a global and diverse endeavor. We try to rotate our dates and times throughout the year to be available to practitioners on all continents as much as possible.
Look through the calendar of events on our homepage of this site and look through the dates and times and links to register. All Virtual Study Groups/Peer Supervision Groups are included in the full membership of The Idea Crucible.
2019 Dates (Tentative until the date has a registration link, then it is confirmed):
- January 17 @ 11:30 am Completed
- February 13 @ 11:30 am Completed
- March 14 @ 2:00 pm Completed
- April 9 @ 2:00 pm Completed
- May 16 @ 2:00 pm Completed
- June 17 @ 4:00 pm Completed
- July 18 @ 2:00 pm Completed
- August 13 @ 2:00 pm Completed
- September 17 @ 2:00 pm Completed
- October 17 @ 12:45 pm Completed
- November 14 @ 11:30 am Completed
- December 17 @ 11:30 am Register Me!